Saturday, May 12, 2012

Most and Least Fave


My favorite thing about this communications class has got to be that I get to voice my opinion on most of the questions for each weekly assignment. Every question asked about a certain part of the reading required some personal information that I had fun sharing to fellow classmates. For example, in the earlier assignment that involved advertisements I was able to talk about how the work experience part of my own life pertains to this particular subject. I felt that it was a good way to learn the many concepts. The least favorite thing about this class, in my opinion, was the group assignments in general. Because of my experience, I can say that it is very difficult to meet or even get in contact via email or phone with members of the group. Because of this obstacle, assignments were not done to the group's full capacity which has hurt not only mines, but everyone else's scores as well. Because my group could not get in contact with other group members most of the time, it was hard to unify our assignment so that it sounded like one piece instead of several authors. This difficulty lead to bad grades. To improve this class, I would cancel out all group assignments in general and or require the option of working alone. We would not have to count on availabilities of everyone and how they're performance will affect our assignments.  

3 comments:

tigerkutiie said...

Our weekly blog posts did reflect on our opinions and I enjoyed that a lot. Most classes ask you to write things based on facts or peer-reviewed articles. We hardly ever get to express our perspectives on certain topics. These blog posts allowed us to share with others what we thought on different things. The group assignments were also the least favorable part of this class. It was difficult getting the group together and it just placed more stress on you. I think an individual paper would have been better for every one, since we will only have to depend on ourselves to get it done.

Marty said...

I 100% agree with you that having to work in groups for three group assignments was the least favorable thing about this class. Like you, I found it extremely difficult to get group members together. A suggestion for an improvement for this class would be to make the three assignments individual assignments. I understand that as members of society we need to have the ability to work in groups as we might have to use this skill in the workplace. However, it is difficult to get five people that are taking an online class together, especially since most of us have other classes and jobs (or two jobs).

ellipses said...

I also loved being able to voice my opinion about the course material. I feel that is something I pretty rarely do in a classroom setting, so I really liked being able to do so in the online class. I like the fact that people can respond to my blog because sometimes it gives me another perspective on the thing I wrote about. I also liked seeing what other people wrote about on a topic. I think it would have been more interesting if we had been writing about more controversial subjects, because the discussions may have been more thought provoking, which would be nice because this is one of the few classes where there is an opportunity for everyone to voice their opinion about the subjects.