Dr. Novello is a respected first Hispanic surgeon. She is against a lot of things that affect a person's health such as smoking and drinking. She was especially concerned with young children and teens choosing not to be above the influence. Being against smoking industries I can kind of see why she attacked their commercial ad compaigns. When statistics showed that young people smoke a lot more, I believe she used cause and effect reasoning to come to her conclusions. Novello believed that because after a smoking commercial first aired the youth smoker rate went up and that the producer for the advertisement was actually targeting young children, the number of children who smoke soared. She used the positive correlations of those premises. This is an inductive arguent because this whole situation is not based on facts but her assumptions. If I had the same beliefs I would attack the commercials as wekk because a majority of people just not kids watch television.
No comments:
Post a Comment