One concept that I found interesting is positive and negative correlation. This type of correlation is a simple tactic you can use to show your point. It shows how two or more variables increase or decrease in number together. There is a relationship between the variables that can help cause and effect arguments. An example of a positive coerraltion is the relationship between the number of hours worked and your paycheck. Obviously the more hourse you work, the higher amount of money you will earn in your paycheck. In an opposite and positive correlation, you would get a higher grade if you attend all class meetings. An example of a negative correlation would be the less days I go to school, the lower my final grade will be. These types of relationships can truly help you figure out the reasons for you situation or argument so I would recommend using this type of tactic.
1 comment:
Positive and negative correlations help me make decisions and assess situations and outcomes without actually going through with it. For example, if I know the positive correlation is if I work more I will get more money, I know the negative correlation is that if I do not work as much then I will not get as much money. So without actually not working and receiving less money, I know that I will get less money so I do not work less. I think everyone uses some kind of method like this subconsciously throughout their day so they will not make negative decisions because they see the negative correlation before they commit to the action.
Post a Comment