Sunday, March 25, 2012

False memories &Direct experiences

The section in this chapter that interested me the most was direct experience and false memories. We do remember the major events occurred during our lifetime. I do remember them as if they happened just recenty even though it might have really happened more than 10 years ago. However, they can be pretty vague and I can say that there have been a few times where I might have changed in my mind what really happened. It's almost like I wanted to change it because it was a better memory. This can throw off the truth when it is really needed. I believe that the police is always going through these kind of discrepencies just because witnesses can be in trauma. The example in the book of people giving inaccurate with the answer of the question was a great example for people experiencing a memory that was not wanted. The false memory syndrome was astonighing to me just because I never knew a case like this was ever named. I'm pretty fortunate to have this considering I would want to actually have lived the memory that I have came up with.

No comments: