Saturday, March 3, 2012

Reasoning and Career Choice

When pursuing a career, people think about either what they love doing, how much the job pays or perhaps both. They can also think about what their greatest strength is in order to best utilize it and get paid along the way as well. One of my great strengths is following orders precisely and benefiting another person other than myself. This is why I am studying to become a nurse as a career. I found that while working in retail, I took my boss’ tasks, followed them correctly and was able to help customers in that way which made me feel good about myself. Reasoning is why I am able to find what is best for the people I am supposed to help. This is also why strongest type of reasoning I am best at is deductive because I believe in analyzing the premises for the best decision to carry out a task.

2 comments:

Gorgeously Insane said...

I would agree with your first statement “, people think about either what they love doing, how much the job pays or perhaps both.” Because I know when I am looking into a career I always ask myself will I like it? And how much does it pay? Nobody wants to be broke and nobody wants to hate his or her job. I think that you choosing to be a nurse is a great idea because you can follow orders correctly and you can make others feel great about themselves. I respect the fact that you want to help others because most people do things because of the money and not because they care about others health.

natty5712 said...

I agree with you completely with the comments you and the other person who commented made about people initially just thinking about their happiness in the career and the pay that they will be receiving when they start. This seems to be the first thing that would come to anyone’s mind that is searching for a career. However for you it does not seem to only be about your happiness, it seems that you think of others before yourself which is a very admirable trait. It seems that the career as a nurse is a very obvious one because you will be happy doing it, you will benefit other people with your care, and from what I’ve heard being a nurse pays very well.